Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kanye West: Colognes, South Park, Sneakers, Energy Drinks and Mixtapes


Kanye West is so busy with so many things like his expanding of his empire into branded beverages and fragrances. Kanye will have his own energy drink through a collaboration with GURU Beverages Inc., a maker and distributor of organic and natural drinks.

West will be involved in the entire development process of a new beverage "inspired by his own personal artistic vision," the company announced yesterday (April 8). The new drink is expected to launch later this year. As part of the deal, West is now an equity partner in the company."I express myself through music, fashion, art and design and that's why I am excited to collaborate with GURU; because the brand values what I value, and I can put what inspires me into this new product," West said in a statement.

West is also part of a deal that will see branded perfumes and colognes from Jay-Z, Rihanna, and West himself. Parlux Fragrances, Inc., announced Tuesday (April 7) that it has signed an agreement with Iconic Fragrances LLC, Jay-Z's own licensing company. The agreement allows for royalties, profit sharing, and stock options for West and the others.

Kanye West was featured on the latest episode of South Park and he had this to say:
"SOUTH PARK MURDERED ME LAST NIGHT AND IT'S PRETTY FUNNY. IT HURTS MY FEELINGS BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM SOUTH PARK! I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY EGO THOUGH. HAVING THE CRAZY EGO IS PLAYED OUT AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE AND CAREER. I USE TO USE IT TO BUILD UP MY ESTEEM WHEN NOBODY BELIEVED IN ME. NOW THAT PEOPLE DO BELIEVE AND SUPPORT MY MUSIC AND PRODUCTS THE BEST RESPONSE IS THANK YOU INSTEAD OF "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" IT'S COOL TO TALK SHIT WHEN YOU'RE RAPPING BUT NOT IN REAL LIFE. WHEN YOU MEET LITTLE WAYNE IN PERSON HE'S THE NICEST GUY FOR EXAMPLE. I JUST WANNA BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM. I NEED TO JUST GET PAST MYSELF. DROP THE BRAVADO AND JUST MAKE DOPE PRODUCT. EVERYTHING IS NOT THAT SERIOUS. AS LONG AS PEOPLE THINK I ACT LIKE A BITCH THIS TYPE OF SHIT WILL HAPPEN TO ME. I GOT A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF ME TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE I'M NOT ACTUALLY A HUGE DOUCHE BUT I'M UP FOR THE CHALLENGE. I'M SURE THE WRITERS AT SOUTH PARK ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DRAW MY CREW. THAT WAS PRETTY FUNNY ALSO!! I'M SURE THERE'S GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN THIS... THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW IT'S ME!"

Here is the South Park episode (WARNING: there is some crude humor and language):

Last, he has a new mixtape titled The Lost Songs: Welcome To Chicago you can download for free on his website at: Kanye West Blog or by clicking on the album below. Enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. go kanye west! he is so amazing that excerpt from his site was so genuine....this guy is cool in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can call his new high caffeine drink 808's & Heartattack. He's just another sellout doing the same thing everyone else has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because the brand values what I value, and I can put what inspires me into this new product"..... hahaha...what a douchetard. Really???!!! He's inspired by an energy drink? Maybe thats why his "inspired" music sounds like sh*t! Dude, just cash the check and keep your mouth shut. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg it was so funny. SP writers are so cleverrrrr xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao that was the funniest shizz i've seen in a long time!!!
    When he walks in on Cartman and the lil guy is like "omg its puff daddy" CLASSIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its not puff daddy? what lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what to say about this southpark video...i don't like it but poor kanye...he's so cool leave him alone.

    I'll drink a bit of his drink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmao…i haven't liked South Park in a long time, so I don't watch anymore. but this was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. l love South Park. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. its not all that funny…but its sadly true, i really do think he's gay..he needs to come out all ready…im just waiting for the backlash from this, we all know how kayne likes to throw his lil tantrums…and i love the lil afro-mullet they gave him…he's a gay-black-billy ray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like Kanye responded to this in a great way not like a tantrum but by being real. I love it. Score one more for Kanye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love south park! And I seriously think he's gay!! He just has that bald girl as a coverup

    ReplyDelete
  13. well…that was kinda weird
    bet Kanye's pretty POed haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Do you like fishd***s (fishsticks)? Do you like to put fishdicks in your mouth?" LMFAO!!!!! Classic. I was in my room rolling laughing on the bed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. This season has been amazing and this episode was no exception! Expect a crying Kanye blog by this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! That was too funny! Those South Park guys rock! And, Kanye West does need to come out already….

    ReplyDelete
  17. South Park has always been good at keeping their fingers on the pulse of modern pop culture .. many celebrities have been their victims .. with funny results!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHAHA
    i was watching it last night and was like "kanye is soo gonna sue"
    ahhaha
    yeeeeh its supa funny
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Last night's South Park was brilliant. The fact that everyone in the world got the joke but Kanye was brilliant! It totally spoofed on his complete lack of a sense of humor. It was also funny as hell that Carlos Mencia tried to take credit for the fish stick joke once it became popular. Anyone who doesn't see the humor in the satirical brilliance of South Park is a gay fish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so true. It was hilarious! I love love love South Park. Cartman is the best

    ReplyDelete

Beyonce

Beyonce
I Am Sasha Fierce...

Keri Hilson

Keri Hilson
In A Perfect World...

Kanye West Blog