Saturday, January 17, 2009

Single Review: Kanye West

Kanye West's "808s & Heartbreak" is filled with raw emotion, and this song is no exception. Over haunting violins, cello and viola, Kanye West (Yeezy) and Lil' Wayne (Weezy) make clear they are no longer heartbroken and are determined to have the last word on love lost. As lonely and sad as other parts of "808s & Heartbreak" are, it's inspiring to hear West pick up the pieces of his broken heart and move on. "See You in My Nightmares" is not only cathartic, but a very mature move for Yeezy who used to throw tantrums over not winning mediocre awards.

3 comments:

  1. I always skip this song on the CD but I finally gave it a chance and I liked it. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you Yeeeezy...and Weezy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeezy and jeezy are so damn cheesy in this song. but the beat is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Beyonce

Beyonce
I Am Sasha Fierce...

Keri Hilson

Keri Hilson
In A Perfect World...

Kanye West Blog