Thursday, January 15, 2009

Movie Highlight: Vicky Cristina Barcelona

So two American girls, Vicky (Rebecca Hall) and Cristina (Scarlett Johansson), spend the summer at the Barcelona hideaway of Vicky's pals, Mark and the girls spot Juan Antonio (Javier Bardem), a bedroom-eyed painter, then he's begins hitting on both of them if that means asking them to have sex with him the next day. So far, so predictable. What sparks the movie is Penélope Cruz as Maria Elena, the painter's ex-wife who is best described as a fire cracker full of strong emotions, she even stabbed Juan Antonio once during an argument.

This movie is classic Woody Allen with a little latin flare. I was taken away by the beauty of the story and the location. This movie completely deserved the Golden Globe for the movie of the year in its category. I highly recommend this movie, however do brush up on your spanish because subtitles are not provided for the arguements between Maria Elena and Juan Antonio.

This song sums up the feel of the movie so well. Giulia y Los Tellarini's sing it. Check it out!

7 comments:

  1. OMG I loved this movie toooo! Penelope was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this movie was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to see this moive. I looks so great! It was one of the best of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that song totally brought back so many great feelings from the movie. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part of the movie is the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen the movie but the song is really nice. It reminds me so much of spain.

    ReplyDelete

Beyonce

Beyonce
I Am Sasha Fierce...

Keri Hilson

Keri Hilson
In A Perfect World...

Kanye West Blog